Thursday, 29 March 2012

This video is taken from the NBA all-star weekend. This is a weekend when the fans of the NBA vote for the players that they want to see compete in it. This often means that the best players in the NBA take part. This is what Daniel wants to be able to do in our film which is why this was inspirational for our film.

Monday, 26 March 2012

This advert is part of my inspiration for the film i have made. This is because i think that it is a very effective montage sequence and if we could make our film similar then i think it will be very good. However, this video starts to drag on after about two minutes because the music is the same throughout and eventually you get bored of watching it.

Thursday, 22 March 2012

Starting 2 weeks ago, we have been editing our final film. We got our footage over the course of a week £ weeks ago. We would have been quicker but we had an issue in that we had filmed outside when the weather was different meaning that at one point the sky was clear and blue and then at another, the sky was dark and grey. This meant that we had to re-film in the gym so that this would not be an issue. Once we had started this, we already knew exactly what we needed because of our script, storyboard and props list. This made the process a lot quicker. It took around 3 hours of filming before we were satisfied that we had enough footage and different shots to make our two minute long title sequence. Once we had done this, we uploaded all of our clips on to a computer so that we could edit them all together using 'Final Cut Express'. Throughout the editing stage we kept making as many improvements as possible. I then saw a Nike advert which was a basketball montage and then used this as inspiration for our sequence. This meant that we would need to cut some of the shots so that they were faster and more frequent so that it would be more interesting and exciting. Once we had done this, we found out that our film had been nominated for an award at the "RAFTA's"which is an award night at our school. After this night, we decided that we would need to add some music to our title sequence. We then searched the internet neil we found the song that suited our film the best and then applied it to our film. We then made the film fit to the music as well as we possibly could. Once we had done this, we started to make the titles for the sequence using 'Live Type'. We then put these titles into our sequence so that it was even closer to being finished.

Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Today, i also did our draft sketches. These sketches were of the title that would be seen within our sequence. To do this, i just drew them on some paper so that we could later scan them onto the computer and then upload them tot he blog. I did six different titles:
Poor Little Daniel
Daniel Alaka
Jake Margetts
George Trusler
Produced by.....
Directed by.....
I did this so that we knew roughly what we wanted our titles to look like in the sequence. From there, we can change the sizes and duration of each title within the sequence.
Today, I did our photo storyboard. In order to do this i had to take photos of Daniel for each scene/clip that was going to be in our title sequence of 'Poor Little Daniel'. Once i had done this, i had to upload these pictures and then talk about the shots that were being used, why we used them and why this would be effective. I also had to talk about any sound that would be being played whilst the scene was running.

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Today, we started to film our final piece which is our title sequence. To do this, we had to find an empty classroom to film the opening of the sequence because the main body of the filming is set on a basketball court which was being used, therefore we couldn't film that part today. This meant that we filmed all of the detention scene within the sequence so that could then be edited. To do this we uploaded the filming we had done so far on to the computer.

Thursday, 9 February 2012

Today I adapted our 25 word pitch and improved the moodboard, I did this so that they were more professional and would therefore be of a better standard. We also did our risk assessment for our film production. Whilst doing the risk assessment, we had to think of all of the possible hazards that we may have to deal with when filming our final project. We also did the script for our main task. This consisted of what the narrator would be saying in the sequence and the stage directions for the actors within it as well.